Heineken - MacBook Contest
With the purchase of a case of Heineken beers in a size of 12 cans or bottles of 330 mL or larger, you could instantly win a MacBook Air laptop in cosmic grey valued at $1,300! What a great start to the new school year!
From September 13, 2022 to October 10, 2022.
*18 years or older. Offer valid at participating Couche-Tard stores, subject to availability or while supplies last.
« Concours d’automne Heineken chez Couche-Tard »
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you must be: (i) eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (ii) a resident of Quebec. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 (the “Sponsor”), or any of their respective affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, any participating locations or the prize suppliers; its affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins on September 13, 2022 and ends by 10:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) on October 10, 2022 (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”). The Contest will take place in six hundred and forty-two (642) Couche Tard stores located in the province of Quebec. With the purchase of a case of 12 cans or bottles of 330 mL or more of Heineken beer (the “Participating Products”), when it is scanned at checkout, the consumer (hereinafter the “consumer”) will instantly find out if he/she has won a prize and a second coupon (the “winning coupon”) will be issued with the details. If this is the case, he/she must send an email to gagnant@HeinekenCoucheTard.com (the “contest email”), as indicated on the winning coupon, and follow the instructions given y email, in which it will be required to send the winning coupon. Consumers must follow the instructions given by email to be able to claim their prize, in addition to meeting the eligibility criteria and answer the mandatory arithmetic regulatory question. Anyone wishing to participate in the Contest without making a purchase, should refer to Article 3 below.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To obtain a participation without making a purchase, the participant must write a handwritten letter with the following information: his/her name, full address, city, province, postal code, phone number (with the area code), date of birth and email address and state in at least one hundred (100) words why they would like to win a prize in the Contest. Each letter should be handwritten and unique. He/she must send his/her letter by mail indicating "CONCOURS D’AUTOMNE HEINEKEN CHEZ COUCHE TARD” to the following address (the “Contest Administrator”): Produktions K, 1744 William, # 108, Montreal, Qc, H3J 1R4. Upon receipt of your letter, the Contest Administrator will make a transaction (no purchase required) on your behalf and send you the coupon (the "coupon") determining whether or not you are a winner. Limit of one (1) entry without making a purchase per person. The participant must send his request within a period required to allow the Contest Sponsor to send him/her an entry without purchase before the Contest Closing Date.
The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, all of which will be void. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can use only one (1) email address to enter this Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided. Your entry will be rejected if not submitted and received by the Entry Deadline. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: There are a total of eight (15) Prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won. The Prizes consist of one (1) MacBook Air valued at one thousand three hundred ($1,300 CAD) Canadian dollars each. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of valid entries received during the promotional period from September 13 to October 10, 2022.
Prize will be delivered to winner’s residence within eight (8) weeks of the prize claim deadline. Prize may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. All other costs and expenses not expressly listed as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
Prizes are not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner. Limit: one (1) Prize per household.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE. To claim a Prize, the consumer must have been declared a winner when purchasing a participating product. To claim a Prize, the consumer must send an email to gagnant@HeinekenCoucheTard.com before 5:00 pm ET on October 22, 2022 (the “Prize Claim Deadline”) and follow the instructions provided by email. No Prize may be awarded if the terms and conditions of the competition are not respected.
To be declared a winner of any Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, a mathematical skill-testing question at time of entry and without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant within the time period indicated on such forms; and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor has the right but not the obligation, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant(s).
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of the Prize, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, and its advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving . By accepting any Prize, the winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth in these Official Contest Rules or in any declaration and release form, it is agreed that the released parties will not be liable for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that may occur during the capture or processing of the entry forms; (b) theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, the entry forms; (c) failure, for any reason, to capture or record any entry form; (d) any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, in these Official Contest Rules, in the selection or announcement of eligible winners or in the distribution of any prize; and (e) any combination of the foregoing.
- ERRORS, ETC. Entries, vouchers, wrappers or other materials used in this Contest that have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, forged, reproduced, illegitimately obtained, stolen, illegible, broken, or otherwise damaged, or that contain printing, production or other errors are not eligible and are void.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice, if any factor interferes with the conduct of the Contest in accordance with these Official Contest Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these French Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regards to any matter relating to this Contest.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.